- About Us
- Photo Store
2015 WE BIKE, etc. Adventures – Bike the Entire Parkway
Focusing improvement efforts in these areas results in improved community vitality – creating happier, healthier communities.
Peter and Tracy Flucke, of WE BIKE, etc., have planned on biking both banks of the entire Parkway system this summer, and promoting the Fox-Wisconsin Heritage Parkway, along with the WE BIKE, etc. organization. They are willing to make connections with municipalities on our behalf during the bike tour.
They will be following the Parkway from the Bay of Green Bay all the way to the Mississippi River in Prairie du Chien, returning to their starting destination following the same route, but biking the opposite side of the rivers on their return.They plan on averaging 60 miles a day to allow them to visit sites along the way.
They will also be biking the Mississippi River Trail, and will promote the Parkway on that tour as well. Don’t forget to say “HI” as they peddle past your town or destination!
We are sharing their posts on our Facebook page
2015 WE BIKE, etc. Bicycle Adventures
Fox – Wisconsin Heritage Parkway
Monday, June 22, 2015 Green Bay – Appleton (43 miles)
(Overnight stay at Lock Tenders House in Little Chute)
- Start at WE BIKE etc. – Ashwaubenon (7:00 a.m.)
- National Railroad Museum*** – Ashwaubenon
- Bay Beach Amusement Park – Bay Beach Pavilion – Green Bay (Press Conference – 8:30 a.m.)
- Hazelwood* – Green Bay
- LinLiebmann Attorneys at Law (WE BIKE, etc. Sponsor) – 1928 Riverside Dr., Green Bay, WI 54301
- Forsite Benefits (myinertia) (WE BIKE, etc. Sponsor) – 2300 Riverside Dr. #1, Green Bay, WI 54301
- Heritage Hill State Historical Park*** – Allouez
- De Pere River Walk & Lock*** – De Pere
- Flow Yoga Studio – De Pere (WE BIKE, etc. Sponsor) – 421 George St. De Pere, WI 54115 (9:30 a.m.)
- 1000 Islands Environmental Center*** – Kaukauna – Media op with intern John Moles standing in for Executive Director Debbie Nowak – Fluckes arriving between 12:00 – 12:30 p.m.
- Hydro Park** – Kaukauna
- Grignon Mansion* – Kaukauna
- Heritage Parkway (Island Park) Trail*** – Little Chute
- Little Chute Windmill** – Little Chute
- Lock House at Little Chute*** – Little Chute (Arrive between 2:00- 3:00 p.m. – drop off equipment and bicycle over to Appleton for p.m. tours)
- Paper Discovery Center** – Appleton
- Hearthstone Heritage Museum* – Appleton
- History Museum at the Castle*** – Appleton
- Vulcan Park*** – Appleton
- Vulcan Replica – Tour with Laura Leimer 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, June 23 Little Chute Lock Tenders House – Berlin (52 miles)
(Overnight stay in Riverside Park, Berlin)
- Trestle Trail/Menasha Lock***- Menasha
- Riverwalk/Boat Works Inc.** – Oshkosh
- Oshkosh Public Museum** – Oshkosh
- The Paine Art Center and Gardens*** – Oshkosh (Tour arrives between 10:00 and 11:00 a.m.)
- Omro Walking Tour* – Omro
- Scott Park*** – Omro
- Eureka Lock*** – Eureka – Last lock on the Upper Fox River
- Mascoutin Trail – Berlin
- Riverside Park*** – Berlin
Wednesday, June 24. Berlin – Portage (48 miles)
(Overnight stay at Portage Hotel)
- White River Marsh State Wildlife Area*** – Berlin/Princeton
- Princeton – Meet at 9:30 a.m. with Glen and Jerry of Fox of the River, a voyageur canoe interpretation team at the Mechanic Street boat landing in Princeton.
- Granite Quarry*** – Montello – Meet with Kathleen McGwin, active in Montello Preservation Society and Marquette County Historical Society, and a well-known local historian and expert on John Muir.
- John Muir Boyhood Home*** – Montello – Tour approximately 12:00 p.m. with Kathleen McGwin.
- Historic Indian Agency House at Fort Winnebago*** – Portage tour with Executive Director Lisa Thomas – 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Portage Canal*** – Portage – Portage Tour with City of Portage Mayor Bill Tierney 7:00 p.m.
- Fort Winnebago Surgeons Quarters*** – Portage
- Waunona Trail*** – Portage
Thursday, June 25. Portage – Spring Green (58 miles)
(Overnight stay at Wisconsin Riverside Resort – Spring Green)
- Columbia County Bike Loop
- Aldo Leopold Shack*** – Lake Delton/Portage – Tour with Jennifer Anstett, Executive Coordinator 9:00 a.m.
- Devils Lake State Park/Sauk Prairie Recreation Area
- Prairie du Sac Hydroelectric Dam** – Prairie du Sac Memorial Park for view of dam and new interpretive sign.
- Tripp Museum** – Prairie du Sac – Tour with Jody Kapp, Development Director 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Friday, June 26 Spring Green – Wyalusing State Park (64 miles)
(Overnight stay at Wyalusing State Park)
Saturday, June 27 Wyalusing State Park – Prairie du Chien (11 miles)
(Overnight stay at Prairie de Chien Hotel)
- Historic Tour of Prairie du Chien – Tour begins at 10:00 a.m. with Mary Antoine and Matt Honer. Meet at the Fort Crawford Museum, 717 S. Beaumont Road. Tour to Include:
- Fort Crawford Museum*** – Prairie du Chien
- Villa Louis Mansion Wisconsin Historic site*** – Prairie du Chien
- Wisconsin Historic Site
- Washington Street Park* – Prairie du Chien
- St Feriole Island Park*** – Prairie du Chien
Sunday, June 28 Prairie du Chien – Spring Green (68 miles)
(Overnight stay at Wisconsin River Resort – Spring Green)
Monday, June 29 Spring Green – Portage (58 miles)
(Overnight stay at Portage Hotel)
Tuesday, June 30 Portage – Fond du Lac (60 miles)
(Overnight stay at Peter’s brothers home)
- Museum at the Portage – 804 MacFarlane Road – a.m. tour with Ted Rebolz – Portage Board Member
Wednesday, July 1. Fond du Lac to Green Bay (68 miles)
(Back home in Green Bay)
Total miles = 530+