- About Us
- Photo Store
Current Project Planning
With broad planning initiatives completed, the Parkway now focuses on planning for and development of specific projects.
Fox-Wisconsin Heritage Water Trail Plan
In 2013, the Fox-Wisconsin Heritage Water Trail received designation as a National Recreation Trail. The Parkway will develop a Water Trail Plan in 2014 as part of its mission to promote river stewardship and recreation along the Parkway. The result: the most accessible water trail in Wisconsin. The plan will advance river inventory and mapping efforts, improve paddler safety, create a comprehensive water trail marker signage program, develop new interpretive and learning experiences, address aquatic invasive species (AIS) related environmental concerns, promote tourism, and encourage growth of local businesses along the water trail.
Fox River Navigational System Authority Signage Study
The Fox-Wisconsin Heritage Parkway (FWHP) has programmed and designed a signage system for 17 lock sites along the Lower Fox River, including development of prototype signs at De Pere lock. Retained by the Fox River Navigational Authority’s (FRNSA) in December, the FWHP created a comprehensive program of directional and interpretive signage. Platypus Advertising + Design established graphics standards for the system. The project was completed in April 2014.
The Parkway has developed a series of plans that will serve as the foundational documents for the Fox-Wisconsin Heritage Parkway organization. The planning process includes six plans, including the feasibility study, action plan, interpretive master plan, economic management plan, lands management plan and management plan.
These plans will serve to:
- Build understanding, involvement and consensus among community members, stakeholders, existing and potential public and the general public;
- Provide a structured forum for stakeholders to jointly determine our purpose, vision, goals and strategies;
- Identify regional priorities and the development of a regional vision and strategy;
- Provide a guide for decision making;
- Build the goals, strategies and priorities of our nonprofit organization for sustainable growth;
- Document our process.